May 27, 2012
HCV RNA, QUANTITATIVE REAL TIME PCR=34731 HCV RNA, QUANTITATIVE REAL TIME PCR=4.54 How bad is my Hep-C and should I be receiving treatment?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
That is a relatively low HCV viral load result. Those two numbers represent the same number but expressed in different mathematical terms. The decision to start treatment is affected by many things and more laboratory tests would need to be done to determine whether treatment was required now or could be deferred. I suggest you speak to a liver specialist about these results.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When You Have Genital Warts Do You Have A Lot Of Them Or Just One Wart?
- What Causes Shingles Outbreaks?
- What Can Happen If Genital Herpes Is Left Untreated?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- Symptoms Of Mouth Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.