|aids vs hiv
May 27, 2012
hospitalizrd last year with bad PCP ...was diagnosed aids then ...if my cd4 goes over 200 is the diagnosis change to hiv ...my friends say once aids diagnosis always and aids diagnosis on chart
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I can't speak for what might remain in the chart. However, if your immune system is reconstituted where your CD4 count remains sufficiently above 200 then you are no longer at risk for serious opportunistic infections. So, you had AIDS, but no longer.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Night Sweats After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Purple Spots After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.