30 months on Atripla . . . .

I have been on Atripla for 30 months now. My latest numbers (last week) were CD4 791, Viral Load >20, CD% 24. I still have the super-elevated CD8 count that has been with me from the beginning. My initial numbers from 30 months ago were CD4 550, Viral load 3000, CD4% 14. My CD4 numbers have bounced all over the place over the last 30 months-from a low of 510 to the most recent high of 791. The % number has been INCHING up from 14-16-18-19-18-21-23-23-24. The CD8 number was over 2000 at the start and now is 1400. My doc says that he sees this in some patients and has no answer as to why! I know that I had been infected for at least 10 years before testing positive (no possible contact). I am 55 years old and am fit and healthy.

I guess I am wondering if the super-elevated CD8 count is something to worry about and with this count so high will my CD4% and helper/supressor ratio (ALWAYS under .50) ever make it to normal levels?

Your doctor is correct in that we do see an elevation in CD8 with HIV infection. This is a natural response to the viral infection, as CD8 cells are one of the primary type of cells that controls viral infection. In many people after starting treatment the CD8 count decreases as the infection is further controlled by the treatment. So, no worries.

How infectious am I
my hbv dna quantitaive results please advice me