|How infectious am I
May 27, 2012
Hello Doc, I am + & my wife - , I am not on treatment & I wud like to delay it as long as I can. We now want to start a family, sperm washing is hard to access in country. My CD4= 600 & VL =519 , how infectious am I with those number as I do not want to take high risk with my wife.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although your viral load is low, it is still detectable, and therefore there is a risk of transmission.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore Throat A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Chills After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Foreplay Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.