Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

re: cd4 counts
May 20, 2012

thks for response Dr. as far as the test that was run on rna it was the same as the first from quest rna pcr 3.0 from cobas <20 copies this is the one now that read <51 copies.i am not on any meds and i wanted know as cd8 counts rise does that cause inflamation i have been getting a lot of back pains and told i have ibs or is this all stress related.as you can see this is still really weird as to how i could have gotten this. i tested negative in 2009 only women i have had intercourse with is my wife thankgod she is negative was tested 2x since dec 2011. only thing i ever had was a Cystoscopy on sep28th 2011 . and a foot massage on nov 22nd 2011 in which i thought i felt a pinch on my toe but could not tell if it was from a pressure point press or a needle pinch because my i was faced down on the massage table. if this infection was something that recent lets say nov22 2011 . would i have a undetecable virus load on jan19th. is that how it works on new infections. or could something else be going on here. thankyou doctor.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

You'll have to find out from the lab why they changed the cutoff if this was the same assay. Again, it likely doesn't make any difference in have the result interpreted as undetectable.

Previous
cd4 decrease
Next
CD4 vs Viral Load

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.