Rapid drop on my cd4 count

Hi Mark,

i was dignosed last year while i was pregnant, my cd4 was 798, i was put on lamzid and alluvia for the duration of my pregnancy, 6 weeks after giving birth i did other labs and my cd4 was 1095 vl undetectable, now after 6mother my labs came back cd4 417 and vl 5560, i have not had any intercourse since i was dignosed and there haven'nt been much change to my lifestyle. the recent labs were done at some laboratory which i have never heard about before, i would like to do the test again at the lab that i did my first and second test to see if they will still come back the same, however what might be the reason for such a decline?

Assuming, you have been taking your HIV meds as prescribed, it doesn't make much sense. On the other hand, if the labs are repeated and your viral load is still elevated, then treatment failure could be occurring. I would then get a resistance test to see if the virus has developed resistance to any of the meds and adjust the regimen accordingly.

Syphilis Risk
CD4 Count Percentage