Syphilis Risk

Hello, I am HIV+ (on treatment and undetectable VL) and I began dating someone who is also HIV+ (also on treatment and undetectable VL). We have had unprotected sex, oral and anal, several times since we began dating. He told me that over two years ago he had been diagnosed and treated for syphilis, that his titer results remain at 1:8 and his doctor considers the treatment successful and his a serofast reaction. If the treatment was successful two years ago, am I at risk for syphilis and should I get tested. If his titer ever rises and he doctor considers it to be treatment failure, am I at risk and should I get tested. My understanding is that syphilis is only infectious in the primary, secondary and early latent phases.

Thanks for your response and help,

No, you are not at risk for syphilis from that prior treated episode. However, you would be at risk if new exposures occur.

What percentage of immune system differentiates between HIV and AIDS
Rapid drop on my cd4 count