|What percentage of immune system differentiates between HIV and AIDS
May 20, 2012
I have heard that if the immune system is 20% or lower, then a person with HIV is considered to have AIDS. Is this true?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The definition of AIDS in someone diagnosed with HIV infection is a CD4 count < 200 or < 14%.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Can't The Immune System Destroy Aids Or Hiv?
- What Percentage Of People With Aids Show Symptoms?
- Is Open Mouth Kissing Safe?
- Licking Vagina How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sucking Breast?
- Are Flu Symptoms An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.