What percentage of immune system differentiates between HIV and AIDS
May 20, 2012
I have heard that if the immune system is 20% or lower, then a person with HIV is considered to have AIDS. Is this true?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The definition of AIDS in someone diagnosed with HIV infection is a CD4 count < 200 or < 14%.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Tongue A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Swallowing Precum Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.