cd4 count has not improved in 9 months on Atripla

I was diagnosed with Aids while in the hospital last June with PCP Pneumonia. I was put on Atripla in July with a CD4 count of 9. I have raised the level to the 150's and it has never been higher. I take my meds religiously,started a support group at my church and try to exercise and eat as healthy as disability payments allow. I'm 59 now and am also on Bactrim and Azithromiacian as a prevenative for opportune infections but im starting to get worried. I feel better than when I was sick and live an active life but the stress of my numbers not climbing worries me. Also the long term affect of the antibiotics I here is hard on your body. Do you think it's time for a medication change? My viral load is low but has only been nondetectable one time about 6 months ago. Suggestions??

The lower your CD4 count is, the longer and slower it will be for your CD4 count to rise. We have seen people in your situation continue to have slow CD4 count increases over years. You don't indicate what your viral load level is. If it is persistently low and detectable, it may require a change or modification in your HIV treatment. If your CD4 count is consistently at the 150 range, you may be able to stop the azithromycin now, but you will have to continue with the Bactrim until your CD4 count is consistently above 200.

viral laod and CD4 cells
Doc, check this out