my partner got new treatment today

my partner just got his second cd count today it changed from 629 to 653 and he does not have viral load results yet. here in nicaragua they give us the test every three months and the results one and two months later. my partners doctor asked him to begin treatment with kaletra (lopinavir and ritonavir) and EMTRICITABINE/FUMARATE TENOFOVIR DISOPROXIL COMPRIMES 200MG/300MG today... he has some questions... how recomended is to begin treatment with the cd count that got higher than the previously one test... they told him that the public health is having some problems and they want to make sure he begins his treatment but we all know that this is a lifetime treatment once we decide to begin with we must not stop... he wants to know what can he expect on the viral load results for his second test ... he is worried because his next medical appointment is in november... next appointment is june 8th just to receive the medicines... they give us the medicine for one month at the beginning and one we show adherence they give it for two month... what is your advice for him... is it really necessary or advisible to begin treatment right now... thank you very much doctor again for your valuable help

as for me ,,, I am taking kaletra and combivir since december 8th 2011... I have learned about how to deal with the side effects... how can i help my partner... thank you doctor

The normal CD4 count range for people without HIV infection is 500-1500. So, his CD4 count is in the normal range. There is no significant difference between those two CD4 counts. In the U.S., many doctors would treat all patients with HIV infection, regardless of high the CD4 count is. Others would defer treatment in those with CD4 counts >500, unless the viral load was high (>50-100,000). Given where his CD4 count, I would not be concerned about starting treatment and then having to wait until November for viral load results. I would expect that if he starts in June his viral load should be undetectable at that visit.

Is my daughter a non progresser?
Lower WBC, Undetectable, Lowering CD4