mutation / becoming resistant?

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with a VL > 1Million and CD4=275. I started meds immediately (truvada/norvir/prezista - but swapped reyataz for prezista halfway thru) and it took me 18 months to become UD. Six months ago my viral load slowly crept up from 70 to now 250 (CD4 is 720). Recently, and graciously, a local university performed deep sequencing analysis because my regular doctor/lab could not run a resistance check on a VL that was so low. Results just came back and show I have possibly developed a new mutation. My doctor recommends I boost my regimen by adding Isentress, which I will add shortly (this means 6 pills a day, ugh). I have never missed a dose of my medication. Is there any data that show people diagnosed in the last few years with a high VL are developing new mutations despite being compliant with medication?

Yes, HIV resistance mutations have been reported in people with very low viral loads who are on HIV treatment and who indicate they have very high levels of adherence. Although adherence rates are very difficult to quantify without either directly observed therapy or frequent pill counting. How many and which mutations that have developed, as well as the the specific regimen, all factor into whether someone will actually fail on that regimen. The devil is in the details here, as to what mutation was actually found and what percentage of virus was actually found to contain the mutation as to whether it is significant or not.

Understanding my CD4 count
cd4 count and septrin