High viral load
May 6, 2012
Good afternoon Dr Holodnly, I would like to know the causes of a increasing viral load if the person did not have any shots or was not sick. I also need to know what is the consequence of a high viral load if it happens in a long period of time. Thank you so much
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what that viral loads were at baseline and then after increase, what your CD4 count is and whether you are on HIV treatment. So, it is hard to know how to answer the question. In general, a high viral load is defined as > 100,000 and the consequences are that a consistent viral load like that will result in significant declines in CD4 count and therefore the immune system's ability to function.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Can Antibiotics Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.