Tinnitus

Hi Mark,

Well there doesn't seem to be a place to ask pre-med questions so I hope it's OK to ask here.

I am diagnosed HIV+ and just before my test I began suffering from tinnitus (it was that condition which prompted me to take the test perhaps peculiarly).

My doctor hasn't been able to help on this condition and has not prescribed me meds (my blood count at the last test being nearly 600). Have you any ideas what may be causing the tinnitus?

I have also had the tinnitus checked with no sign of hearing impairment.

Thank you!

This is a relatively common problem in the general population and is unlikely to be due to HIV infection. Other prior infections caused by bacteria or viruses, structural problems within or around the inner ear, medications, or other medical conditions can all be associated with tinnitus. Thus, the list is very long, but unfortunately, the solutions are very few.

Atripla and ALT levels
Detectable again but CD4 continues to increase.