HIV vs. AIDS classification
Apr 29, 2012
I recently attended an educational group where the speaker said this, "If your CD4 count is ever below 500, you're considered medically an AIDS case, and not just an HIV-positive patient." Is this true or false?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Never heard that before and don't know why they would have said that.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do U Distinguish A Regular Lump In Ur Armpit From An Hiv Lump?
- What Is The Difference Between Gonorrhea And Hiv?
- Where Is A Good Place To Live For Hiv Patients?
- Do Swollen Lymph Nodes Go Away With Hiv?
- How Long Can You Test Negative For Hiv While Actually Being Positive?
- What Does Hiv Rash Look Like Around The Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.