Crohns and Safe Sex
Apr 22, 2012
Is there anything that a gay male with crohns disease needs to do extra to prevent an HIV infection? Does having crohns make it easier for an infection?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Having unprotected anal receptive sex with Crohn's disease would likely put one at increased risk for transmission. Given that Crohn's can affect the GI tract anywhere and an inflammed mucosa (lining) provides an easier path for secretions containing HIV to gain access, transmission would likely be higher.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Infection Sucking Penis
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Swallowing Cum
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can I Use Vinegar To Find Out If I Have Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.