Treatment Failure or Normal Change?

I am 46 years old, WM, exposed to the virus in the 1990's. In July 2011 my cd4 was 1050 and VL was u/d. In November 2011 my numbers were 820 and u/d. Last month (March 2012) my cd4 count was 570 and VL is still undetectable. My CD4% has been steady at 46% (up a bit from July 2011 when it was 44%). I have not missed a dose of Atripla since I started treatment in 2008. I did have shingles the last time I tested in March and until three weeks ago I was a smoker. Is my treatment failing or have my cd4 numbers dropped b/c of the shingles / smoking? THANK YOU!

Given that your CD4 percent is stable and your viral load remains undetectable I am not concerned. Shingles may be a possibility for reduced CD4 counts, but smoking in and of itself would be unlikely. However, I commend you for stopping smoking, keep up the good work.

hep c viral load
Reports are out..please interpret