Hiv and raising chickens
Apr 8, 2012
I have had Hiv for a year now. I am on atripla for it and my counts are very good. Recently my partner and I have started raising chickens and was wondering if it is ok for me to participate in raising them?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I think general common sense is the best approach and I don't think that a complete prohibition of being involved is indicated. As you well know, chickens can harbor bacteria that can cause disease in people. Gloves for sure, and if you are involved in any tasks that might create an aerosol (waste disposal, etc), you should wear a mask and goggles.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- Are Itchy Testicles A Symptom Of HIV?
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Runny Nose?
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.