Hiv and raising chickens

I have had Hiv for a year now. I am on atripla for it and my counts are very good. Recently my partner and I have started raising chickens and was wondering if it is ok for me to participate in raising them?

I think general common sense is the best approach and I don't think that a complete prohibition of being involved is indicated. As you well know, chickens can harbor bacteria that can cause disease in people. Gloves for sure, and if you are involved in any tasks that might create an aerosol (waste disposal, etc), you should wear a mask and goggles.

BLIPS
White Blood Cell Differential and Testosterone