BLIPS

I was diagnosed in August 2010 and was put on Truvada and Isentress with no side effects. I have had the following blips (Aug 2011--71, Dec 2011--51, and last week another one). I have to find the viral load from last week still but this is the 3rd blip since Aug 2011. I have never missed on dose of medication. My doctor left a message today saying it may be time to change regimens. I am quite depressed as I have been completely compliant, and this is the "big guns" in terms of new medications and yet I am having blips. Feel like I have no control over my HIV despite compliance.

I think if the third blip is around the last two, and not significantly higher (i.e. >200), and your CD4 count and percent are stable, I would stay the course. The literature around this issue is confusing, and half the papers indicate this could be a problem and the other half say it is not. that doesn't mean you shouldn't continue to monitor it closely and if you do see a real increase that meds shouldn't be changed at that time.

Breakthrogh of HCV genotype 4
Hiv and raising chickens