Specific cells HIV infect or not
Mar 25, 2012
I know that HIV does not infect vaginal epithelial cells, but what specific cell types does HIV infect and not infect?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is a long list of cells that can be infected, but the primary cells are t cells and monocytes.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Be Infected With Hiv While Being Tested With The Needle?
- Aids Or Hiv From Having Sex With A Girl On Her Period
- Chances Of Having Hiv After Sex With An Hiv Positive Person
- Can Two Virgins Get A Hiv?
- What Damage Can Chlamydia Do To Your Body?
- What Color Is The Fluid Inside Herpes Blisters?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.