Specific cells HIV infect or not
Mar 25, 2012
I know that HIV does not infect vaginal epithelial cells, but what specific cell types does HIV infect and not infect?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is a long list of cells that can be infected, but the primary cells are t cells and monocytes.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Loss Of Appetite A Sign Of Hiv?
- What Over The Counter Drugs Can Treat Genital Herpes?
- Is It Bad To Scratch Shingles?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like When They First Appear?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are Over The Counter Treatments For Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.