Mar 25, 2012
Hello Doctor, I volunteered to donate blood at the Red Cross but i resulted positive in HBsAG, negative in Anti HCV, negative in ALT. I went on and did further analysis on HBsAG, and the results were 5771 with a reference range of 0.9-1. I am a female and 25 years old. Can you please interpret these results because i cannot find any info based on these values. Thank you,
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
This likely means you have chronic HBV infection. You need to consult with a liver specialist to determine whether additional testing or treatment is indicated at this time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Drinking Water Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.