Low cd4count

My husband is HIV + and he just got his latest labs back, his cd4 was 48 and his viral load was 48,000 and he is terrified and convinced that he is dying and will be dead in 30 days, he was told that his body is shutting down I would like to give him some words of encouragement but I don't have any as I am scared to but I want the truth should I be preparing myself for his immediate death and can he still come back from this. Help us please.

I am not sure what you mean by "shutting down". That is a very low CD4 count and indicates he has AIDS, and is at risk for various serious kinds of infections, but this is all reversible with HIV treatment.

medical consultation
HBsAG result