Mar 25, 2012
i had pcr real time for hbv and the result was 1764 iu/ml do ihave atreatment??
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate why the test was done. That result likely indicates chronic HBV infection with a very low viral load. You should consult with a liver specialist about whether treatment is indicated or not.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Do I Always Have Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Why Are Genital Warts More Prevalent In Homosexual Men?
- White Discharge Gonorrhea
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Warts And Genital Herpes?
- What Antibiotics Can Be Used To Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.