mitochondrial toxicity and meds

Hi Doc, I am aware that the more older meds were associated with mitochondrial toxicity and that the newer meds now recommended meds are less toxic.

Can you advise where on the web I can locate and review more and lastest information of mitochondrial toxicity with regards to the different classes and brand names of meds and their respective ranking of this toxicity. I am currently taking Kivexa/Stocrin with normal CD4 and % values and UD with no side effects known at present.

Thank you

There have been some recent reviews on this topic and this remains primarily an issue with NRTIs and not NNRTIs or PIs. Unfortunately, one needs access to the US Library of Medicine (PubMed) in order to view this published articles.

Will poppers termed as aromatic substances caused CD 4 cells in an HIV + person to drop drastically ?
6 WEEKS NEGATIVE PCR ON A NEW BORN