undetectable bottom bareback can transmit?
Mar 11, 2012
i'm a gay detected hiv+ and have been undetectable 3 yrs. now since i take atripla. i am a bottom my question, is it possible to transmit my disease to HIV- (top) guy if he fuck me bareback?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes it's theoretically possible depending on how vigorous sex is and whether any small rectal lining cuts occur where blood or secretions could be passed to another person. And of course condom use would essentially eliminate the possibility.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling Lips A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sex With A Prostitute Should I Get Test For AIDS
- Black Spots After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.