|undetectable bottom bareback can transmit?
Mar 11, 2012
i'm a gay detected hiv+ and have been undetectable 3 yrs. now since i take atripla. i am a bottom my question, is it possible to transmit my disease to HIV- (top) guy if he fuck me bareback?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes it's theoretically possible depending on how vigorous sex is and whether any small rectal lining cuts occur where blood or secretions could be passed to another person. And of course condom use would essentially eliminate the possibility.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS From Barebacking?
- Sex With An Undetectable Bottom
- Does Having Unprotected Sex With Someone With Hiv Always Mean You Will Get It?
- What Are The Chance Of Getting Hiv Using A Condom?
- Can You Get Hiv From A Doctor Not Wearing Gloves?
- Can Hiv Show Up In A Blood Test After A Month?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.