|HCV lab results are confusing
Mar 11, 2012
I am looking at my lab results for hep c screening and am not sure what they mean. HCV Ab w/Rflx to RIBA says 8.9 High, s/c ratio 0.0-0.9 negative, RIBA result, negative. Then it says not infected with HCV, unless recent infection is suspected or other evidence exists to indicate HCV infection. Also, HCV RT-PCR, Quant (Non-graph), Hepatitis C Quantitation HCV not detected. HCV log 10, Unable to calculate result since non-numeric result obtained for component test. Do I have HCV or not? Thanks so much for your help in this matter.
|Response from Dr. Holodniy|
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What If Your Chlamydia Becomes Drug Resistant?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What Does Herpes Look Like Around Your Lip?
- What Can You Do To Clear Hpv?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes When No Outbreaks?
- Can You Get Vaginosis From A Latex Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.