CD4 and CD8 result

Hello Doc,

I want to ask you about my previous result: CD4 440/20%( it was 280/20% on Dec'2011), CD8 1100, Viral load :less than 40. Is it good enough? I don't understand what is the good number for CD8. I'm 40 and now on Isentress /Truvada for a week after switched from Atripla for almost a year

Please advise

Thank You

I am not sure why the CD4 count increased from 280 to 440. Given that the CD4% remained the same, the actual CD4 count is probably somewhere in the middle. The CD4% is a more stable number over time, as the CD4 count can fluctuate. In general, the CD8 is elevated in HIV infection. That is a natural response to HIV infection. We are learning more about what a good number for CD8 should be, probably not too low and not too high.

stagant CD 4 or slow increase in CD 4 cells over a few years.
HIV NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE COUPLE