Generic Atripla?

Hi doc. Been doing some browsing online and found some international countries like Canada selling a generic version of Atripla. Are these real? I always thought these formulas are under patent for years or does that patent only apply in the US? Are these "generic" safe?

Also, my new doc advised me to think about switching my meds from Atripla to something else due to my concern that lately, I am having sleep problems and the diarrhea thing is coming back, possibly due to me re-adjusting to the meds again due to a change in my life. I've been on Atripla for about two years, viral load undetected throughout most of the time I've been on atripla or sustiva/truvada. my last labs was about a month ago and cd4 was at 570+, highest it's been ever, and about a 200+ jump from the labs 4-5 months prior. Is a change in meds something I should be pursuing, or should I tough it out and hopefully adjust to the atripla again?

The generics are generally fine and effective, and have been made available by other manufacturers outside of the US. In most cases, various side effects with Atripla disappear after a few weeks. In some cases, they last longer, and so a decision is usually made about switching to another HIV regimen, or treating the side effects and staying with the Atripla. If the side effects are unmanageable, then by all means change to something else.

HTLV - Indeterminate
Re : Elite Controller ?