PCP

My Partner has been in bed the past 2 weeks and has developed thrush all over his mouth and tongue and he is refusing treatment and going to the hospital. I belive he may have PCP Pnemonia. My question is how much longer will he live if he keeps refusing treatment? His CD4 count was 30 and that was 2 months ago.

As you most likely know, his situation represents an advanced case of AIDS, and in the absence of OI prophylaxis or HIV treatment, the situation is grave. If pneumonia is truly present, death is likely soon in the absence of treatment. As you also know, almost all of this is reversible with HIV treatment and antibiotics.

hbv
HTLV - Indeterminate