progression of aids
Feb 12, 2012
It is said that when the cd 4 count goes below 200 the condition is AIDS.With proper medication can the CD4 count be increased to above 200.(if last count is 150).In this condition when the cd4 count is over 200 can we say that the person is just HIV + not suffering from aids.Please help
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes. If the immune system recovers sufficiently after starting HIV treatment, as seen by an increased CD4 count/percent; then a person is no longer at risk for developing the significant opportunistic infections that are seen when someone has AIDS.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.