Viral loads spike

My CDC counts have been consistently and still are in the high range around 10,000. Viral loads have been consistently in the 50-60 range for some time however recently (past two times over 3 months) are suddenly at 200 -300 levels. At the beginning of this period I did in fact feel like something was coming back but that is over and I generally feel v. healthy, but the v loads remain in the 200 - 300 range. My doctor is hesitant to do resistance testing. He says that viral loads should be above 500 b4 testing. I don't agree and think they should be run now to get to the bottom of the issue here. Why wait around? What is ur opinion?

Essentially all commercial laboratories will not perform a resistance test when the viral load is that low. So it would be difficult to get the test anyway. You don't indicate what your CD4 count and percent is and whether it has changed, and whether you are taking HIV meds. If you are on HIV treatment and the viral loads are now coming up into the 200-300s consistently, then it may be appropriate to switch meds, but that would likely have to be done without the benefit of a resistance test.

Do you think I have HIV
Viral load