Cause of Viral Load drop

I am fairly newly diagnosed. (almost a year now) My first viral load test was low at 480, and my last test was even lower at 226.

I am not taking any medications, but after my first test I started taking 1500mg of Olive Leaf extract a day. I have been told it has anti-viral properties and helps fight the flu ect.. I also work out 4 days a week and use the sauna for 20min afterwords. Could these be helping me fight off the virus?

Although you don't indicate what your CD4 count, I suspect it is likely in the normal range, and therefore your immune system is in pretty good shape and accounts for why your viral load is so low. Those two viral load results, although appearing to be a significant decline, is likely not, and is more related to assay variability than your intervention. Viral load tests can have about a 2-fold difference in number without really being significantly different.

HCV RT-PCR, QUANT
CD4 COUNT