Question About Recent Lab Results
Jan 15, 2012
Hello Doctor, my question is that my latiest labs depict a absolte CD4 of 333 a CD4% of 9.9 and a VL of 33K and I have been HIV+ for 12 years and haven't been on meds in over (5) years. Based on my stats how good or bad do they look and what would you recommend? Also how serious is the CD4% of 9.9? Thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Pretty serious. Despite your CD4 count of 333, a CD4% of < 14% (10% in your case) indicates an AIDS diagnosis, and puts you at serious risk for opportunistic infections. I would suggest starting HIV meds now.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.