Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

how many cd4 cells will increase in every month
Jan 8, 2012

Hi, I got infected with HIV and i consulted doctor on 23/jan/2010 and my cd4 cells are 63 and after ART (I am taking Trioday tablets) and viral load is 146000 and after 3 months viral load is come to undetected and my cd4 cells become 225 and after 3 month it drop down to 202 and after 3 months it become 252 and my cd4% is 6% at beginining and after it become 12%, i want to know how much cd4 cells will increase every month and there is any hope of treatment in the near future i am very disturbed can you explain me more

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Your treatment response has been excellent. Your CD4 count has increased 4 times and your CD4% has doubled. The lower your CD4 count is when you start the longer it may take to increase. You may not see a consistent monthly increase over time. You may get to a plateau like you are at now for awhile and then see a more slow increase in cells over time.

Previous
Viral Load down but so is CD4
Next
Does caffeine and alcohol interrupt arvs

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.