different hiv strains - detectable?
Jan 8, 2012
My boyfriend was just diagnosed with hiv. We haven't had sex in over 2 years. Is it possible to compare my hiv with his to verify he got it from me?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, but only in a research laboratory. These are not readily available tests that could be obtained from commercial reference labs.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Does Stress Effect Vaginal Discharge?
- How Fast Can You Detect A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.