Actual time it takes the virus to be detectable in the blood?
Jan 8, 2012
I would like to know the time it take a person who has just been infected with the H.I.V. virus to show up in the blood to be detectable? Is it different from person to person? I've been told it only takes 3 to 6 months for it to show up in an infected person's blood.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The virus itself can appear in a matter of days. You may be referring to certain HIV antibody tests.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Does Chlamydia Originate?
- When Can You Exercise After Having Shingles?
- What Will Happen If You Have Herpes And Don't Get Treatment?
- What Happens If Genital Herpes Goes Untreated?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- What Do I Do When My Shingles Start To Scab?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.