|re: tb and hiv
Jan 1, 2012
thank u doc for ur answer. what is the "newer diagnostic test" for TB that can detect latent TB much earlier? can u mention names of the tests? and is there any new tb drug coming in the market shortly? regards.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
T-Spot.TB and Quantiferon TB Gold are blood tests that can be used. These are not tests for active TB and careful interpretation is required in HIV infected people. Yes, lots of drugs in the pipeline.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS From Having Sex During Period?
- Can You Get AIDS From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can You Get HIV From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom?
- Chance Of Getting AIDS From Oral Sex Form Sex Worker
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Anal Sex With Condom
- Chances Of Getting AIDS From Needle Stick
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.