HBV viral load
Jan 1, 2012
What does it mean when HBV DNA, QN, PCR has increased to >170.0E6 IU/mL and HBV DNA, QN PCR to >980.0E6 copies/mL, and AST and ALT values are within normal range? What treatment is needed?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate why these this test was obtained. The test result indicates a very high HBV virus level in the blood (more than 980 million copies/ml). You need to see a liver specialist and determine if further testing is needed and what treatment is appropriate.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Get HIV From Insertive Oral Sex?
- HIV Risk Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Licking Vagina How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Condom Leak
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Anal Fingering
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.