cd 4 always less then 500

i am pos since 2004 august..in jenuary 2004 i was neg ..after seroconversion i had always cd 4 less then 500 i begin terapy whit 250 (cd % always 23 28) in 2008 . i am always viroload undetectable since 2008. now cd are always betwin 300 400 cd % 23 28 i begin terapy whit efavirenz and kivexa i change for depression side effect of efavirenz (i was stone all the time) i take since 2010 reyataz norvir kivexa, always undectable no side effect i think my cd 4 was not high when i was neg, and after seroconversion never go up 500 unit. i hope they go up then 500 but i think is not possible. i am good health ,i work 100% as nurse (stress work). my doctor say that i had not big cd4 before infection. important to have viraload undectable and cd 4 more then 300 whit % 23-30. i think my immun system is built in this way , i always linfocity total 1000 1200.. i asked if need interleukin 6 to improve (told me for moment is not necessary) what do you think? having this results can i have a good life aspectativ? thank for your ask and excuse me for my bed english i speak italian were i live

I agree with your doctor. In almost all people who are HIV infected we don't know what the CD4 count was before they were infected. So it is hard to know what is normal for them. The average increase in CD4 count after starting therapy is around 100-150. Some people have less and some people have more. It also depends on how damaged the immune system was (the lowest CD4 count) before they started treatment and the genetics of their underlying immune system. Given that your total lymphocyte count is low, and that your CD4 percent is between 23-30%, it makes your CD4 count appear lower and then what I think your immune system function actually is. I don't think you need to do anything and overall I think you are in great shape.

Liver Labs
Understanding my Labs