Zidovudine alone given to baby
Dec 17, 2011
Good day doc. I am HIV positive, on Nevirapine and lamzid, last test CD4 count 836, viral load undetectable. Just had a baby on 30 Nov 2011 via C-Section. My baby is being given 5ml Zidovudine 6 hourly. My understanding is that Zidovudine should be given in combination with other HIV drugs. Should I be worried? Kind regards
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Groin Pain An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Oral Sex?
- How Long Does It Take For Symptoms From A Std To Show Up?
- Red Bumps On The Vaginal Area With White Heads On Them
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.