Dec 17, 2011
what is the difference between a therapeutic vaccine and preventive vaccine for hiv? which one is to strike the market first? if we have a preventive vaccine what will happen to million hiv+ patients? companies will stop producing current meds for them? thank u doc.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Preventative vaccines will prevent people from getting HIV infection and therapeutic vaccines would be used in people already infected with HIV infection to help boost their immune system. Hard to say when one of these would be approved for use. I doubt companies will stop producing HIV drugs for a long time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Pain In Penis A Sign Of AIDS?
- Anal Warts After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.