Worried of a low cd count and %age

Dear Dr. I had last tested for HIV in mid-May 2011, and I was -ve. When I tested mid-November, I was +ve. I believe I got the virus either in Mid-May or Mid-June 2011. My CD4 count results were 193 and 17% on Dec 1, 2011. I immediately started on Apo-Sulfatrim dose. My worry is that everything dropped so instantly! Can the count and percentage still raise? How would you advise me? The VL results are not yet out!

Yes, your CD4 count can be increased with HIV treatment. The Apo-sulfatrim is an antibiotic to protect you against certain kinds of infections, which doesn't treat HIV infection. So you need to start HIV treatment ASAP to get the virus under control and get your CD4 count back up.

normal range of cd4 and tb prevention
Drop in CD4 and WCB