hiv pos singer

dear doc, going to start ART. can u tell me as a professional singer what kind of opportunistic infections can hamper my singing and what should i do to prevent? is it going to be a very difficult to live with the virus as a singer? how long i am going to live doctor? i am very recently infected, i think so. what should i do to avoid TB and herpes. I live in a place which is TB prevalent with drug resistance. i want to live doctor. i want to live. please help me, please doctor. thank u doctor.

Although you don't indicate what your CD4 count is currently and whether you would even be at risk for opportunistic infections. That said, once you start HIV meds and your virus gets under control your CD4 count will likely increase sufficiently that you will no longer be at risk. We have a couple of professional singers in our clinic on HIV meds who have done great and continue to perform.

Viral load undetectable, but CD4 went down
re: life expectancy after very low cd4 count from 12/4/11