what is the VL range?
Nov 19, 2011
Your answers show the normal CD count ranging from 500-1500. I would like to know the normal CD% and the VL ranges. At which point fter is is detectable does the VL become scary for one to begin treatment?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Normal CD4 percent is about 30-50%, and the viral load range is 20 to about 1 million. In general treatment is recommended when the CD4 count is below 500, and certainly below 350, or when the viral load is > 100,000.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Possible Side Effects Of The Drug Truvada Used As Pep
- Why Does Hiv Antibodies Take So Long To Develop?
- How Long Do It Takes To Get Hiv Results Back From A Hospital?
- How Many Days After Contact With Hiv Person Will Hiv Show Up In Blood?
- Can Worrying About Hiv Make You Have Symptoms When You Don't Have It?
- Protected Sex With Hiv Positive Person
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.