|Low cd4 count
Nov 13, 2011
I was diagnosed HIV positive in November 2011. Before then, I was not weak, I only had diarrhoe. Surprisingly, my CD4 is 167. Does the cd4 count mean I've been living with the virus for a long time without knowing?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It is likely the case that you have had this infection for a while. It is very difficult to gauge how long without having had HIV tests in the past which were negative to know how long you have been infected. Regardless, you need HIV treatment, as your CD4 count is < 200 which means you also have an AIDS diagnosis and are at great risk for developing serious other infections. Your diarrhea could be a clue to that.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Glands After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.