Consistant viral load increase while on med

I am 23 and Have been on atripla for a year and 3 months. My first lab before I started treatment had me at 206 cd4 and 360000 vl. Within 9 months I was undetectable less than 20 vl. The past three labs I have had have been vl 30, then viral load 60, and now vl at 240. My cd4 has stayed at around 350 to 400. I am currently at cd4 388. I have been sick with a sore throat twice in between these last three tests. My doctor is staying positive to not worry me but I am seriously curious what your opinions are? Thank you.

in general, I agree with your doctor. It could be the other ongoing infections which triggered your viral load to suddenly reappear, a slow development of resistance to one or more of the meds in Atripla, or this could still be blipping associated with assay variability. We usually need a viral load of > 1000 in order to perform a resistance test, and so in those people with these kinds of low viral loads it makes it difficult to determine whether resistance is present or not. Hopefully the next test will better establish the trajectory (up or down). If it is increased again, but below 1000, a decision will need to be made about modifying your regimen.

hbsag positive
High ALT