|Never before asked about the western blot
Nov 13, 2011
Hi dr. Is it normal/acceptable for the western blot results to come back as Positive and not showing the band that were found??. I ask this because I already tested positive on a screaning test after having sex one time in my life (protected) so now I'm left to rationalise the infection as due to condom failure (since I didn't check the condom after sex). Please answer my question. Thank u in advance.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Reports of HIV-1 western blot reports vary by laboratory. They could just report that it is positive or they could identify all bands that are positive or negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Do Lesbians Protect Themselves From Stds?
- How Effective Is Std Blood Testing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.