|What is status of this result?
Nov 6, 2011
Kindly interpret. HBV-DNA VIRAL LOAD RT-PCR (TAQMAN) RESULT : 64,746 IU/ml Interpretation of Results. Legend:
Remarks 1) HBV-DNA-VIRAL LOAD-RT-PCR (TAQMAN) DETECTION LIMIT: 6 - 110,000,000 IU/ml (35 - 640,200,000 copies/ml) 2) Specimens with less than 6 IU/ml (<35 copies/ml) is below the defined range of the test. 3) Specimens with greater than 110,000,000 IU/ml (>640,200,000 copies/ml) is above the defined range of the test.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate why the test was performed and what other HBV tests were obtained. However, this result is a low HBV viral load and likely indicates chronic infection. You should consult with a liver specialist about whether treatment is indicated at this time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bronchitis After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.